An experienced retired lawyer, Deborah Lynn Zutter practiced law for 33 years until December 2012. Certified as a Comprehensive Family Law Mediator with Family Mediation Canada, Deborah now practices mediation in West Vancouver, British Columbia.
She is a conflict resolution trainer and frequent public speaker who has taught Mediation at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law.
Mediator + Facilitator
- Mediating family, commercial, personal injury, insurance, estate, wrongful dismissal, work place, community, and child protection matters since 1991.
- Collaboratively designed and directed during implementation BC’s Small Claims Mediation Practicum Project.
- Conducted research during 2001 into preliminary conferences and their usefulness as a pre-mediation process.
- Comprehensive Family Mediator with Family Mediation Canada.
- Chartered Mediator with the ADR Institute of Canada.
- Member of the BC Mediator Roster (Family).
- Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Law, UBC 1993-1999. Developed and taught “Mediation” and the “moot alternative”.
- Instructor and coach with BC’s Continuing Legal Education Society.
- Guest mediation instructor with BC’s Professional Legal Training Course.
- Instructor with Abundance Solutions, Inc.
- BC Mediator Roster (Family)
- Past-Chair, A.D.R. Task Force, Law Society of BC
- Past-Chair, National A.D.R. Section, C.B.A.
- Past-President, Mediation Development Association of BC
- Past Co-Chair, Collaborative Divorce Association of Vancouver, September 2007-2008
- Past Co-Chair, Mentoring Committee, Women Lawyers Forum, CBA
- "Mentoring Effectively - The Art of Communication", Presenter at Women Lawyers Forum, CBA: Vancouver
- Pre-Mediation Strategies, CBA: Kelowna
- "Prepare, Prepare, Prepare ... And More", Family Justice Services: Abbottsford
- Family Mediation Canada: Banff
- World Mediation Forum: Buenos Aires
- Connections 2002, Academic Forum: Charlottetown
- Practical Approaches to Appropriate Dispute Resolution: Vancouver
- Creating Success: A Symposium for Women in Law, C.B.A.: Vancouver
- Bond University, Faculty of Law:Queensland
- Academy of Family and Conciliation Courts: Vancouver
- "Pre-Mediation Strategies", Okanagan Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, CBA: Kelowna
- "10 Hot Tips from 10 Hot Mentors", Women's Forum, CBA: Vancouver
- "Thinking of Separating", Presenter, West Vancouver Public Library
- BC Mediator Roster Teleconference, Special Guest: Vancouver
- Alberta Arbitrators & Mediators Association Conference, Forum Leader: Calgary
- Annual Northwest A.D.R. Conference: Seattle
- "Authors Event", Justice Institute, New Westminster
- University of Queensland, Faculty of Law, Brisbane
- Academy of Family & Conciliation Courts, Ottawa
- Continuing Legal Education - ADR Conference, Vancouver
- Lawyers Assistance Program, Vancouver
- University of Victoria, Faculty of Law, Victoria
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, CBA, Victoria
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, CBA, Vancouver
- Family Law Section, CBA, Vancouver